CASA’s climate change lead, Jonny Casey, will be joining two panels at ADX – Climate (The Africa Delivery Exchange – Climate) on Thursday 6 October 2022. The event is hosted by Nelson Mandela School of Public Governance at the University of Cape Town with support from the Tony Blair Institute.
Jonny explained: ‘ADX – Climate is an ideal forum for building momentum on climate action and commitments among African nations and other stakeholders in the lead up to COP 27 in Egypt next month. Insights from recent CASA research and the climate adaptation finance session at the AGRF in Rwanda can inform attendees about the realities of business and investment opportunities in climate-smart agriculture in Africa’.
ADX – Climate brings together a range of experts and delivery leaders from African governments and development partners. Other speakers confirmed at the event will include senior government ministers from across Africa, leaders from IFAD, FAO, WFP and financial institutions including AfDB, AfriExim Bank.
The ADX Climate sessions featuring Jonny are listed below, follow the links to register for the session.
Channelling climate finance to local level initiatives, 13:00-14:15 SAST
- Manuel Bueno, Director of Climate Finance, Abt Associates
- Jonny Casey, Climate Change Manager, CABI
- Dr Jane Ezirigwe, Member of the Advisory Council, African Continental Free Trade Area
- Modupe Famakinwa, Head of Funding, Africa Finance Corporation
- Jo Puri, IFAD, Associate Vice President for Strategy & Knowledge
- Karina Whalley, Head of Public Sector Solutions, AXA Climate
Bridging the agricultural climate finance gap, 15:15-16:30 SAST
- Pamla Gopal, AU-NEPAD
- Jonny Casey, CABI, Climate Change Manager (CABI)
- Chintal Barot, Founder, CoSustain Consulting
- Jose Pugas, Head of ESG, JGP
- Liz Kirk, Senior Advisor, Food & Agriculture, Tony Blair Institute for Global Change